Reiki is Life Force Energy also known as Chi, Prana or Mana.
In a Reiki session the Reiki practitioner uses this energy to work on rebalancing the body’s Chakra’s or energy system, leaving you feeling relaxed and revitalised. It treats the whole person on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level, creating relaxation, feelings of peace and wellbeing and promoting healing.
It is safe and suitable for use in illness, pregnancy, with children and pets.
Reiki was developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Since originating in Japan, Reiki has been used across the world.
Reiki practitioners use a technique they call palm healing or energy healing by which universal energy is channelled through the palms of the practitioner hands to a client in order to encourage healing and rebalancing.
Many people experience a deep sense of relaxation and peace after a Reiki session and enjoy Reiki sessions once or twice a month.
The benefits of Reiki
- Helping you to feel calm and centred
- Supporting you to cope better with everyday life
- Helping you manage long-term health conditions by promoting comfort and acceptance
- Helps you have a more positive outlook on life
- De-stresses you and gives you some ‘time out’
- Helps you to promote peace in your life
- Is supportive and relaxing for expectant mothers
- Can be used safely on pets and children