Meditation is a state of mind in which you feel calm, relaxed and peaceful.
It is also a practice, during which you can transform your thought patterns, allowing you to relax, worry less and improve your mental and emotional wellbeing. Research suggests that the practice of meditation can cause a significant improvement in Clients suffering from worry, depression and anxiety.
It can take time to learn how to meditate, and to find the type of meditation that works best for you, so having a teacher to guide you can be really helpful.
I advocate meditation because I have found it useful to contain my mind, and it has brought me peace and a better relationship with myself.
The brain constantly likes to think, to ‘worry’ and work out problems and this overthinking cause us stress and anxiety. Meditation is about finding the calm and space in which to ‘BE’ instead of ‘DO’. It is not about sitting like a pretzel completely clearing your mind.
The benefits of meditation
- Boosting your mental health
- Improving your respiration, energy, and vitality
- Reduces stress, depression, and anxiety
- Improving your cardiovascular and immune health
- Reducing stress and its effects on your health
- Improving your memory and focus
- Increasing your self-awareness
- Helps you sleep
- Improves your attention and focus
- Helps control chronic pain
- Enhances your self-esteem and self-acceptance
- Improves your mood
- Reduces your blood pressure